About the Course
Chocolatier Andrew Thwaite has been enriching people’s lives with chocolate for more than 20 years. Working with Barry Callebaut, the world’s largest manufacturer of chocolate and cocoa. He trained and has since worked with many of the world’s finest chocolatiers. Over the years, Andrew has made everything from large showpieces to bespoke chocolate ranges and become well known for creating innovative flavour combinations as well as his delicious signature milk chocolate. Andrew will guide you expertly through the skills needed to master the art of chocolate making, producing your very own chocolate treats.
- An Introduction to chocolate with detailed tastings
- Learn the differences between chocolate and couverture
- Learn how to temper chocolate correctly
- Learn moulding techniques including shell moulding
- Learn how to produce a ganache using the caramel method, cream and fruit puree bases
- Learn how to use flavours and match flavours with chocolates
- Learn how to produce and dip hand made truffles and decorate using a variety of methods
- Learn various decoration techniques to include cocoa butter spraying, use of transfers, lustres and colours
- Produce a selection of moulded chocolates on a decorative base, an Easter egg along with a selection of chocolate truffles, lollies, decorated bars and Mendiants
Full Day Class Structure
On arrival, we will introduce you to your day over freshly baked pastries and a cup of tea or coffee.
Your day will include of a mixture of hands on cookery and demonstrations performed by our team of chef’s. The exact format will vary from class to class depending on the style of cuisine and their individual teaching style.
Cooking with your classmates is an integral part of your cookery experience. You will cook your recipes in pairs, and some independently – whatever the ratio, there is always more than enough food, and often food to take home too!
You will be eating the food that you have cooked for lunch, accompanied by a glass of wine around the dining table. Classes that do not involve cooking lunch will include a delicious light lunch.
This course starts at 10.00am and finishes at approximately 4.00pm
Allergies and Intolerances
We are happy to make adjustments where possible. Some classes are however unsuitable for people with particular intolerances – where the menu would need to be completely different. Please call the school to discuss any relevant allergies with a member of staff. We must speak to you before your visit if you have a severe allergy, mild allergy, severe dietary intolerance, or are unable to eat any meat or animal products. You can find out more information about our allergy and dietary restrictions here.
“What fun! Rosemary's French and Italian weekend with Rosemary herself (greatly assisted by her team of chefs and apprentices) was informative and thoroughly enjoyable. A mixture of hands on and demonstrations, with encouragement and advice the whole time.”Seejay
“I have just returned from a Knife Skills course at Rosmary Shrager Cooker School. I have had a truly fantastic time with an amazing group of people. ”Amanda H